Thursday 2 March 2023

First Maturity of 2.98% BS22116Z T-Bill

The first maturity of my first 6 months t-bill BS22116Z yielded 2.98%, with many more to come in the next few weeks and months. I have been able to invest consistently over the past few months to create a perpetual bond ladder to ensure a steady stream of income. 

It has truly been an interesting learning experience to acquire new knowledge on how bonds work. Bonds vs Equities are usually inversely correlated, and having this new knowhow thus makes my investment portfolio much more balanced and comprehensive.


With a much more volatile global environment moving forward, it certainly pays to balance Risk vs Reward more carefully to ensure a solid future. The world has indeed changed much since the onset of Covid19 and subsequently the current Ukraine war. I am heartened that many in the online community has selflessly offered their 2c to help others secure the right financial knowledge. With more Knowledge comes Power and also Responsibility. I was pleasantly surprised when my mum told me today on her intentions to also contribute back to the society. We are truly blessed to be living in Singapore (compared to the horrors seen in Ukraine). 

Times flies and a yield of 2.98% seems like a pale, compared to yields now of around 4%. I can almost recall the excitement I had 6 months ago on this yield. So much has changed in such a short span of time, and a cliché statement that the only constant in this fast moving world is change.

Let's all improve and change for the better, and good of the society.

No comments:

Post a Comment