Monday 3 April 2023

My 7-Figures Singapore Portfolio


My portfolio has been painstakingly built over 20 years of investing. It is far from perfect and there could also be some glaring mistakes seen in my portfolio made years ago. After publishing below blog post, some readers have requested to share my 7-figures portfolio

To do my small part in contributing to the Singapore investing community, here goes 😅:


As a relatively conservative investor, the largest component of my current portfolio is Fixed Income Bonds, consisting mainly of 6/12 months T-bills, SSB, Fixed deposits and Temasek/Astrea Corporate Bonds. 

Next are the 3 local banks, which I picked up over the past few years. Would have loved to purchase more for a bigger % of my portfolio, but they have risen so much over the past year. In the past, I tend to avoid bank stocks, as I felt they are important yet boring companies. However as I age (more risk averse 😆) and analyze them further, they truly have solid investment moats in Singapore and very strong financial fundamentals. 

Mapletree Industrial Trust is a good Reit, strong sponsor with nice increasing dividends. I probably picked it up at a slightly higher price, on anticipation in the growth of its newer Data Centres purchases. With current weakness in Technology and rising interest rates, MIT prices have retraced somewhat.

Comfort Delgro seems to be a good proxy of the Covid reopening with packed MRT trains nowadays. But the lucrative taxi market have been carved away by Grab/GoJek private hires. Hope it continues to pay good dividend. Some patience is probably needed here.

Wilmar is a solid commodity company, which I have shared previously. Currently it seems to be shrugging off negative Adani news and edging slowly but surely up. Hope there's more price upside 😎

Everyone should be familiar with Singtel, as it used to be the largest company in Singapore. The banks have now overtaken its market cap position. Lucrative overseas calls have been replaced through technology like whatsapp/zoom etc. Industry players are also left wondering what is the next killer app for 5G. 

Oil & Gas companies (SMM and Kepcorp) used to be darlings of the 'black gold' market. Fierce competition from Chinese/Korean shipyards have eroded their profits. Hopefully with the recent merger of SMM+Keppel O&G, will we see better days ahead. 

This ends my humble sharing of Top10 portfolio. Hope it encourages u to press-on in your investing journey. Please feel free to comment below if u have further questions 😂

6 comments:

  1. does the 7 figures out 20 years includes your yearly savings piling into it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My portfolio has steadily grown over the past 20 years and it is currently at 7-figures. I have been buying or selling as and when opportunities arise, putting in my savings and reinvesting dividends etc

      Delete
  2. Hi. Congrats for your great achievement.

    Can i know out of this 7-figure pf, how much is your total saving from salary or others (not from stocks profit or dividend)?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, my stocks profit or dividends is just a single-digit % return from my portfolio annually (accumulation over past18 years). Hence it would also be fair to say that the growth of my porfolio comes from my salary/savings etc. Slowly and consistently my portfolio has grown to 7-figures.

      Delete
  3. hi, happened to see tis post while browsing your blog. Putting bonds aside, the return of the rest of your portfolio is it similar to ES3? Reason i asked is that your holdings are pretty similar to sti index components.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so similar to ES3 as I don't hold Jardine linked companies and some of the new STI component stocks ... haha

      Delete