Thursday 28 March 2024

$983K profits in 20 years (2005-2024)

As always, I share my posts with trepidation from privacy concerns and others' negative comments. Yet there is also a strong desire to contribute positively to the investing community and encourage others to start and persevere on this difficult financial journey. 


As I look back 20 years ago in 2005, when I started to pen down in small steps of my financials into a simple Excel sheet, never would I have imagined that it will grow and multiply till this size. For 2005, I clocked a meagre $4K vs 2024, which I estimate would reach $130K. As I pen down my thoughts, mistakes and achievements, counting my blessings and painful learnings, slowly yet surely my finances have grown. 


Of course, I still have a long way to go as compared to big financial gurus who have 8 or even 9-Figures portfolio, but I am grateful with where I am currently. I hope to continue to grow and learn steadily, contributing my knowledge and finances positively. My blog name of Finacial Stewardship, stems from an inner belief to always put my Talents to Good Use.

As u read this post, give urself a pat if u are just starting your financial journey. If u have exceeded me, give urself a double pat... Press on! Financial Warrior! 😎 


6 comments:

  1. Do you encounter capital loss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, realized losses are included ... $983K are net profits

      Delete
  2. Do you mined sharing what is your portfolio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My portfolio can be found in my blog post
      https://thesingaporemarket.blogspot.com/2023/12/nov-4605-ytd-121122-2024-102891.html

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    Congrats ! Think you are getting more and more tractions for your talents !

    Do you mind sharing if this portfolio is shared with your spouse ? And do you view that a couple should do joint portfolio or each one do their own ?
    And also how did you arrive at this decision ?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Small steps, would think that every family is different, so it's best to discuss this with your spouse. For my case, it's obvious my spouse is not interested in managing a portfolio.... haha :)

      Delete